5 Tips to Winterize Your Pipes
Here at Connelly Plumbing, we’re proud to help our customers out when they have an urgent need at their home or business – but we’d also like to help you prevent those issues to save you any unexpected hassle! Plunging temperatures and winter weather will be hitting us soon, and your pipes need a little TLC before they do!
Check out these 5 easy tips to keep your pipes from freezing in your home or office this winter!
- Drain and disconnect any outside hoses. The freezing temperatures cause hoses to expand, creating pressure in pipes which can cause them to burst.
- Wrap exposed pipes in your garage or attic in foam insulation. It’s inexpensive, but it can save you a hefty chunk of change in the long run.
- Don’t allow the temperature in your home to dip below 55 degrees. Additionally, leaving the doors open allows the heat to get to the pipes under the cabinets.
- Seal up any holes or cracks near the pipes. Caulk is inexpensive and easy to use on your own.
- If you’re worried about the potential of a pipe freezing on an especially frigid night, leave the faucet on a slow drip.
If you do these five things, you could save yourself the hassle and money that comes with a burst pipe! If you find yourself in a plumbing debacle this winter, don’t hesitate to call your friends at Connelly Plumbing – we’d be happy to help!