At Connelly Plumbing Heating & Air, the safety and health of our employees, customers, and their property is our highest priority. We believe that safety does not just come from wearing hard hats and fluorescent shirts; safety is a culture at Connelly, which comes from hiring highly trained and skilled tradesman who make responsible decisions and never take shortcuts. In our efforts to provide a safe work place, Connelly has established safety procedures outlined in the Safety Program Manual. It is the responsibility of all personnel to comply with these procedures, and every employee is expected to work together to achieve the common goal of accident prevention.
We have taken several steps to encourage a safe workplace at Connelly including:
- Proper PPE including hard hat, high visibility clothing and safety glasses are required at all times on job sites.
- Daily safety talks about prior day near misses and expected task hazards.
- Employees are required to report unsafe activities, work environments, near misses and injuries immediately.
- Our foremen enforce maintaining a clean workspace to eliminate trips, slips and falls.
- Requiring employees to fully participate in total compliance of the rules and regulations for safety while performing their duties. Site safety inspections help determine that the project is in compliance with OSHA standards and the company safety program.
- Employees are pre-screened and randomly drug tested monthly.
- Weekly Toolbox Talks are used to communicate our safety requirements and discuss safety practices.
In addition to our own established safety program. We have partnered with safety consultants, SWMSC to provide:
- OSHA training classes
- Job site safety inspections
- Safety seminars
- Regulatory compliance consulting
By keeping our accident rate low, our productivity stays high. In return, your project will not run behind schedule due to an unsafe work environment. Having healthy, safe employees is paramount to maintaining a schedule and staying within budget.